Texas Gamedogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Texas Gamedogs, A Informational And Educational Website Devoted To The American Pitbull Terrier

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you think?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Old Timer
Admin
Admin
Old Timer

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 10:36 pm

So I was visiting a church on Wednesday and a person was wanting to get baptized, Now at the end of the service before they close it out with a word of prayer they stated that for those who wanted to put on believers baptism that water was ready and waiting. So a young man stepped forward and proclaimed he was ready. They ended up giving him a run around and told him that he needed to take a set of classes taught by such and such Deacon and that he need not rush into this because baptism was not really that important since it was merely a outward symbol of what happens within.

I stepped up and said that was non sense and if the man was ready then it needed to be done right then and there and if nobody was willing I would do it. Then went on to inform them that baptism is a very important part of being a Christian and we see if we look in the bible that it is a requirement. So long story short they let me go and baptize him but only after I thumped them over the head with bible scriptures. And their parting words were "You know that was out of line but we will let it go this time"

So do you think I was out of line given what the bible says on baptism?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogmanscorner.proboards.com
Michele
Admin
Admin
Michele

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 10:00 am

No, I don't think you were out of line at all.
Back to top Go down
wvvdiup1

wvvdiup1

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:48 pm

I don't think you were out of line either, Old Timer. In fact, I don't see it anywhere that one has to take "classes" or go through "catachism" and so on to be Baptize in the Holy Spirit, just as long as he or she has faith, believes, and obeys God's commands.

Even though these days it seems churches have gotten this idea that one has to do this or that to become a member in their church. I find this rediculous and ludicrous as the church is the embodiment of the people in one shared belief in God and that Jesus is the Son of God, our Savior, and therefore, the Head of the Church.

I guess it is my belief that when a stranger comes into your presence, make them welcome. Don't expect them to "go through hoops" to become a member! When each of us believes in God and come together to worship, we're already a member of God's family.

Again, I don't think you were out of line, Old Timer. Besides, I think I would have done the same thing. Come to think of it, I have! It takes strong-willed people like us to get the message across!
[b]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Texas Gamedogs :: Christianity & Church :: General Discussion-
Jump to: